Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our First Christmas!!!

Christmas was so much fun!! Derek has Wednesdays and Thursdays off of work so we have had the best two days!! Last night (Christmas Eve) we went over to my dad's for dinner and to exchange presents. My grandparents, step-sister, her husband and her baby girl and step-brother, his wife and two little girls were there. So there were lots of babies and little kids running around which Derek and I love. We had a very nice turkey dinner and I made angel food cake tiramisu (sp?) and chocolate tiramisu. The girls made cookies for Santa and ran around and played. We opened presents from everyone, Derek got a game that he has been wanting and I got a bare minerals eye shadow kit (AMAZING STUFF....LOVE IT). We also got an AMC gift card (which we are using today) and gift cards to eat out and for groceries. We made out pretty dang good there! All the babies got matching pajamas and my dad read all the little girls The Night Before Christmas. It was a good time over there. When Derek and I left we didn't really know what we wanted to do and we didn't have any Christmas movies [that we hadn't watched yet] so we filled up his huge soda mug and drove around Leesburg and listened to Christmas music and looked at the lights. When we got home we watched some silly soccer Chinese movie that Derek loves and I slept through. This morning we slept in until about 10 and woke up and took pictures of our matching pajamas with our turtles and Pippin in front of our tree. We decided this would be a new tradition for us to take a picture each Christmas morning BEFORE presents that way when we have kids we can see how excited they are!! I made breakfast and Derek cleaned up. We went over to my dad's to see what Santa had brought them and went to use up our AMC gift card. We saw Yes Man and we are getting ready to go see Marley and Me. There is a park by our house which is all decorated with lights that we are going to go walk around later tonight. We had a pretty dang good first Christmas together! And many more to come!!
Our little family : )

I look like my mom/aunt Jen in this picture.
He was very excited about his present!!

No comments: